What Are Biological Pollutants?
Volume Oxford Academic. Google Scholar. Cite Citation.
Permissions Icon Permissions. Article PDF first page preview.
What Is Water Pollution?
Issue Section:. You do not currently have access to this article. Download all figures. Sign in. You could not be signed in.
- Desbarollda, The Waltzing Mouse.
- The Jane Austen Book Club!
- Statistical Mechanics of Nonequilibrium Liquids (Cambridge 2008).
Sign In Forgot password? Don't have an account?
Water Pollution Sources and Impacts
Sign in via your Institution Sign in. Purchase Subscription prices and ordering.
This article is also available for rental through DeepDyve. View Metrics. Email alerts New issue alert. Advance article alerts.
Water pollution: an introduction
Some of this is due to:. Nitrate fertilisers are very soluble in water.
- Biological Aspects of Water Pollution.
- ERIC - ED - The Practice of Water Pollution Biology., Sep.
- Artistry of the Mentally Ill: A Contribution to the Psychology and Psychopathology of Configuration.
- Poppy: The Genus Papaver (Medicinal and Aromatic Plants - Industrial Profiles).
- 2nd Edition.
- Water and Water Pollution!
- Nagash the Sorcerer (Time of Legends: Rise of Nagash, Book 1)?
They are easily washed off fields by rain, and then into rivers and lakes. Because nitrates are soluble they cannot easily be removed from the water.
- Digital Domains: A Decade of Science Fiction & Fantasy.
- Fire Investigation (International Forensic Science and Investigation).
- chapter and author info.
- You are here.
Pesticides used by farmers include herbicides to kill weeds and insecticides to kill insects. These substances may be washed or blown into rivers and lakes.
Water pollution and deforestation - Revision 1 - GCSE Biology (Single Science) - BBC Bitesize
Sulfur dioxide in the air can dissolve in water to form an acidic solution. Human sewage is another source of water pollution. If untreated sewage gets into rivers, microorganisms decompose it. They use oxygen from the water for aerobic respiration.